Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kylos

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2002
MI
Gotta love Best Buy selling it before Apple.:D That can't be good having just started their relationship anew.:p

Agasthya

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2003
I want that CD! Hopefully it has a software restore that will work on all Gen 1 and 2 iPods

:D

Wonder Boy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2003
South Windsor, CT
Originally posted by mac15
it almost looks to pretty to touch! I can't wait to get mine!

I loved the new design when i first saw think secret's rendering.

I'm not saying youre one of them, but where are all the people who hated the new design? Theyre not saying much now. Apple shut them up real good.

sebimeyer

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2002
My 20 GB iPod came with both the bag and the case. I'd assume that both are included here too, as the one in the photo is of a different colour than the old ones.

jhershauer

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2003
Gilbert, AZ
Re: black bag

Originally posted by macstudent
I know that the new ipod 15 and 30gb come with the case, but I am wondering if they come with that little black bag too.

Yep - my 15 gig iPod (bought at Best Buy on my way home from work today) came with the bag. The case was inside of it.

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
yet another horrible thing about best buy. they have the absolute worst reputation of all resellers when it comes to breaking street dates. they do it for video games and systems all the time. its ridiculous.

wsteineker

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2001
Montgomery, AL
OH MY SWEET LORD!!! I can't wait to get my 15 GB iPod on Saturday. It looks even better than the pictures on Apple's site.

As for the folks who blasted the LoopRumors/Think Secret design, I was one of them. Those renders were clunky and unelegant (is that even a word?). Like always, Apple managed to make the rumors look weak, even though they ended up being true. It's a testament to Jon Ive and the ID department that they managed to make what became such a controversial redesign into such a masterpiece. Long live Apple! :D

P.S.-Sparkleytone, that is the greatest sig I have ever seen!

pinks

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2003
EH3
In the second picture of the new iPod packaging, the box shows a blue back-lit LCD. Is this a new feature or did the old iPod have it as well?

sebimeyer

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2002
I think the blue effect has mainly to do with white balance. The current iPods backlight looks blue under certain coditions as well.
There are also reports that the seemingly blue keyboard lighting on the 17 inch powerbooks turned out to be white. I'd say people at Apple need to get their white balance better. Maybe that one click enhance in iPhoto is not that great after all? ;)

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
I have to wonder if BestBuy will face any fallout from this. Doesn't Apple usually take product release dates pretty seriously? Or do you think that they'll hold their tongues because BestBuy is a good tactical position for them to have theiPod in right now?

ewinemiller

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2001
west of Philly
Originally posted by sparkleytone
yet another horrible thing about best buy. they have the absolute worst reputation of all resellers when it comes to breaking street dates. they do it for video games and systems all the time. its ridiculous.

Exactly why I shop there.

sparks9

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2003
Copenhagen
Originally posted by Wonder Boy
I loved the new design when i first say think secret's rendering.

I'm not saying youre one of them, but where are all the people who hated the new design? Theyre not saying much now. Apple shut them up real good.

Yeah all those damn FOOLS are quiet now! hehe... damn whiners!

sluthy

macrumors regular
May 13, 2002
Bundaberg, Qld. Australia
Design iffy

I'm still not a big fan of the new layout. I mostly use my iPod in the car, changing tracks and volume by feel while watching the road. It looks like this iPod has no tactile feedback (can't say for sure without feeling one first hand) and the touchpad-like buttons don't sound too good. And red backlighting?:confused: Yuck.

On the plus side, the notes, on-the-go playlists and AAC are all good. But one question - how the hell do you play Solitaire on an iPod?

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
The pics are excellent.

Note the "Line Out" jack on the dock. That's very nice.

Also note that the buttons and jog dial are recessed a little. The rumor renderings made them look like blisters that stuck up, which would cause accidental pressings, looked icky, etc. They're actually flat and recessed. I guess they're probably touch-sensitive and don't move when pressed.

The front face looks like it ought to be waterproof - should reduce problems due to spills, etc. So the only sensitive spots on the new iPod are the headphone jack and the connector on the bottom.

PeterKG

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2003
Hi,

I'm the person who posted my iPod pictures at Macworld forums. Just to be fair to Best Buy, the sales people were NOT aware of the not selling until after 6:00pm thing. The iPods were locked up and out of site without even being entered in the system yet. I sure did not tell them anything as I wanted my iPod at that moment. So to be fair at least in my case, maybe floor people were not informed by management not to sell yet.
I was actually impressed by them in helping me as I have not bought an Apple product from them since the first Bondi iMac. I ususally hate that store, but now have bought the iPod and a T68i phone from them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.