Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Waxgroove

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2020
Photos scans stopped working the other day - the photos widget claims "no content" although there are pictures on the phone. Tried removing the widget and re-installing and leaving plugged in for several hours - still the same. The note says to plug in the phone overnight for the scanning to finish - I've never done that and the picture(s) shown in the widget were always there. Running 15.7.1 on iPhone 13 with no recent updates (that I'm aware of). What's the difference between leaving it plugged in during the day vs. overnight for the same amount of time? Is there a way to restart the scans? Thanks.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Not sure I understand. The Photos widget just brings up Photos. So the photos show up in Photos if you use the app, but don't if you bring up Photos via the widget?

Waxgroove

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2020
HDFan - I first noticed this about a week ago now. Looked at my Home Screen and the photos widget was blank and showed "no content". Selecting the widget opens the photos app and my photos are there. Just had it plugged in for 8 hours today and the same thing - widget app shows "no content". I've made sure my cellular is turned on for photos and have reset people and memory suggestions in the system settings - same thing. In order not to look at a blank widget I have removed it from my Home Screen. I'm out of ideas other than airdropping all photos from the phone and then sending a few back to see if that does anything.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
When you are in the photos app is the "For you" "featured" section populated?

Waxgroove

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2020
Not populated - which is why the widget is blank (I think). It's a strange thing - as it was fine one day then blank the next. It works fine on my iPad - as the "for you" section is populated and I haven't touched that either. I didn't do anything on my end - so I think something is wonky with the app. I've removed the widget as I didn't want to look at a gray box on my home screen. It's been noted here on the forum so apparently it isn't something new.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.