Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peros550

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2018
I 've tried the new future and have seen that sharing means a creation of an online photo album in icloud.

The person who receives the photos & videos, actually receives a link on icloud and can go there and select which photos and videos would like to download. When they hit download, all selected content is put on a zip file and can be downloaded in a form of just one file. So easy!

That's good for anybody who uses a computer but I can imagine how cumbersome can be if you are using an iphone/ipad and want to receive easily the photos/videos.

I was wondering if between devices running ios 12 the process is designed to be any better , meaning no need to go though the icloud online album.

Anybody tried this feature ?

Last edited:

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I haven’t had a chance to try it with someone else on iOS 12 yet, but from what I’ve read, if the recipient is also on iOS 12 that it’s handled differently.

Not sure exactly, but they can accept those photos and they get pulled directly into their library. Great thing here is everything happens in iCloud, and no uploading / downloading / etc between devices.

peros550

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2018
Thanks! I hope you are right! If it works through icloud, it will be one of my favorites new features in ios 12.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.