Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mark-vdw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2013
All the reviews of Photos mention that there is a "persistent sidebar for easier navigation", but without mentioning what exactly is the difference compared to today. Photos for macOS already _has_ a navigation sidebar which is there pretty much all the time, no? I was hoping that they might have made changed "info" into a persistent right-hand sidebar rather than an annoying floating window, but that doesn't appear to be it :-/

Anyone with the dev preview care to share a screenshot of what exactly changed?

Ritsuka

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2006
The optional sidebar of Photos in macOS 10.12 will be enabled by default in 10.13. That's it.

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
At least they acknowledge that a sidebar-based navigation structure is important to the overall flow of the application. I welcome their realisation. Moreover, the navigation improvements throughout the app are appreciated.

tubal81

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2011
Switzerland
I would also be interested to hear some impressions of Photos on High Sierra. Especially the new filtering and sorting options which will hopefully bring some essential features that should have there from the start. These worked really well in Aperture so hopefully they just implement it in the same way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.