Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Is there a Photoshop version where they have added AI filters or abilities?

ovbacon

Suspended
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
There is a photoshop beta version with AI that can be found on the adobe site and 3rd parties are creating AI filters (just google AI filters for photoshop).

Reactions: zoran

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
AI filters for photoshop

If generative AI is your thing, Photoshop beta has it. While I don‘t use it to add anything personally, it’s doing well-ish as auto-fill for things I’d like to remove.

Part of me is hugely excited by the possibilities… part of me is appalled at the prospect of where this might go.

Not sure if it is equal amounts. 🤨

Reactions: r.harris1

ovbacon

Suspended
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
Part of me is hugely excited by the possibilities… part of me is appalled at the prospect of where this might go.

Not sure if it is equal amounts. 🤨
I'm not excited at all.... I've already seen things done with IA in photoshop that takes away from, in my eyes, the artistic process. Already you see to much IA generated "art", which isn't art, and/or images that are more and more removed from reality. I think for a lot of young people it is already getting harder and harder to relate to one and other and to relate to the real world and with AI this is going to get exponentially worse at a very rapid rate.

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
I realize what's being discussed here is on a whole separate level, but Adobe has been adding more and more tools that they describe as "Powered by AI" that really are phenomenal but also don't do anything crazy.

As an example, not too long ago Lightroom replaced the noise reduction sliders with a new "Denoise" function that, again, they claim is AI powered. The old noise reduction had some parameters to play with, but it was basically a high tech Gaussian blur and always lost detail(to the point that I rarely used it, or would do so with a very light touch). The new one does an amazing job of preserving details, and the only setting is just a single 0-100% slider for strength of reduction, and I find the default 50% a great general purpose setting.

It sort of amazed me the first time I tried it. The only downside is it's computationally heavy. My 2019 iMac that I use for photo editing does decent, especially with an eGPU(RX580, internal is RX570). I have a 2015 15" MBP that only has a integrated GPU that I use sometimes for editing-my first attempt took 12 minutes on a 40mp image from my Fuji X-T5. It did drop down to ~45 seconds when I managed to get an eGPU working on that computer(not the easy job since it doesn't officially support it) which actually surprised me.

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
If I were to use any photo editing app that has AI functions, I would choose the standalone OneOne Photo Raw 2023 over PhotoShop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.