Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Elevon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
Hi there,

My Photoshop CC has been working fine before but recently it will not respond when I try to launch it.

When I try to open Photoshop I will get a loading cursor for about 2 seconds and afterwards nothing happens, no splash screen nothing..
However the weird thing is that I can see my photoshop is active on the dock and when I click onto it, it will show the photoshop top menu (File, Edit, etc..) but they don't respond when I click onto it.
After that I will need to force quit through activity monitor in order to close it.

This problem has been bugging me for the past few days, I've tried to reinstall it but the same thing occurs.
Has anyone else had this problem and possibly know a solution to it?

Currently running on El Capitan 10.11.3

Many Thanks,

Last edited:

Bending Pixels

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2010
First, did you install some other software right before this started? Second, try resetting the Preferences (hold down command/option/shift and start PS)

Elevon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
First, did you install some other software right before this started? Second, try resetting the Preferences (hold down command/option/shift and start PS)
No software was installed between the time and the preference reset didn't seem to do anything either. :(

Do you think its a good idea to use time machine and go back to when it was working?

Bending Pixels

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2010
You might want to consider completely uninstalling PS CC and the Creative Cloud completely, and reinstalling. It sounds like a problem related to a recent update to PS.

Reactions: jgelin

jgelin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2015
St Petersburg, FL

Elevon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
You might want to consider completely uninstalling PS CC and the Creative Cloud completely, and reinstalling. It sounds like a problem related to a recent update to PS.
This is what I had to do when CC itself was acting in the same way. Use these instructions and the Uninstaller (http://download.macromedia.com/SupportTools/Cleaner/mac/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.dmg) tool.
Hi again, I just tried the method you suggested. However the problem still remains :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.