Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WilliamTyl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2014
Hi everyone, please help, I started using my new Macbook air M1 a couple weeks ago, photoshop was working fine, suddenly yesterday night it started flashing black. Actually the opposite, when I try and open a file it s black and when i move the cursor the image flashes back for a second. The internets suggest it s a problem with color calibration, but when I tired to calibrate, it doesn t work (it tells me to put maximum contrast and then change brightness until i see an image in a certain way, but after i put maximum contrast I can t see that image again regardless of brightness). I tired to change the color profile to the one they suggest as a temporary fix (sRGB something) but i don t see any button to change the color profile, when i click on another color profile and click Open ,a popoup opens but there s no way to select it. It also tells me that 29 color profiles are damaged, and it can t fix it. What do I do? Thank you

ssmed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2009
UK
I would delete the installation using the official application (Uninstall Adobe Photoshop 2021) and then reinstall and see if that helps. Sounds odd. The Adobe forums are often worth a look as well https://community.adobe.com
Good luck – these things are always such time wasters!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.