Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

milzay

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2003
Hi,
Just got a new MacBook Pro, I use Photoshop, Maya, Flash etc. regularly at uni, so Im just thinking what would be the best way to run these programs. I know none of these programs are UB, so should i get Windows / Linux? What method should i use (Bootcamp etc.) Also hear about the Adobe event, so Im hoping beta versions or temp upgrades will be made available for Photoshop, or am I hoping for too much.
Thanks for any help.

FredClausen

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2006
KALM
Use bootcamp. If you want to use those apps for any length you will need the native speeds, which only windows can offer for those programs at the moment.

milzay

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2003
Well that sucks big balls. Any idea when the UB's will be released. Its a shame to have to ruin this beautiful machine with something so... so... Microsoft.
Also curious on whether i made the right choice. intially, I was waiting for the MacBook Pro Core Duo 2, however I managed to get this MBP for £700- Specs:
15" Screen (Non-Glossy)
2ghz Core Duo
1gb ram
256mb graphics card

As I said, I'm doing a computer graphics / animation course so I will need to use Photoshop, Maya etc. as well as general stuff like Word Processing. The way I looked at it was that no cosumer computer would really be that good at quality rendering, therefore that would mostly be done on Uni coms, and what I have got should be adequate for everything, and I get the advantage of portabilty. So seeing as I would also be looking for a laptop, have I made the correct decision to buy this MBP?

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
Stick with the MBP!

Adobe said something like the first half of 2007 for UB. I'm thinking they said the 2nd quarter but I tend to get various companies and their product release dates mixed up (especially when they're vague dates) so don't hold me to that. But definitely, you're waiting until next year. I'm doubting it'll be out in January.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.