Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Andy Hertzfeld's folklore.org has a story about how Scott Knaster wanted to use a doctored cover from a 1950s comic book, The Vault of Horror, for the cover of Inside Macintosh, a Mac documentation publication. Click the link and read the story to get the full details.

It's time for us to update this joke cover. Start from either the original or Scott's doctored version and make it relevant for today's world of Macintoshes.

Photoshop Thread Rules

Original cover:

original_voh.jpg

Scott Knaster's version:

VaultOfHorror.jpg

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
:D <-- scale by 500%

That's hilarious! You got all the little touches - border banner on the left, issue number, price, word balloons, photos, photo labels, and especially what E.C. stands for!

The Beave!? :eek:

Will Mudbug be up to the challenge?

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
I'll work on some tomorrow but what I really want to know is how you post the photo back in at full size - when I've posted in the past it always ends up very small and people have to click on it to make it full size - could some please explain? Thanks!

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
If you attach the picture to your post using the attachment feature, it gets scaled down to a thumbnail. If you upload the picture elsewhere (for example to a personal website) then use the

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
You can also use a trick, but I think you shouldn't. Once you upload an attachment, you can put IMG tags around it's URL within your post and thereby post the full-size version too. But there's a reason attachments are shown as thumbnails, and that's so people with slower connections can see the whole thread and click on the thumbnails for those images they want to see larger, especially if they are returning to the thread and have seen most of them before. Since it's a Photoshop thread, it's not quite as important as if it was in the middle of a high-volume news thread, but that's the reason.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Doctor Q said:
You can also use a trick, but I think you shouldn't. Once you upload an attachment, you can put IMG tags around it's URL within your post and thereby post the full-size version too.

I was actually wondering whether you could do that, but I was too lazy to check :p

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
*turns on lightsaber*

Here's mine, not exactly computer related but I was bored and needed something to do, it's not that great but I like it. :)
sw_comic.jpg

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Hey, look what I found in the music store!I hadn't thought to look for it before. A great tune, and it reminds me of the wonderful one-long-shot opening of the TV show.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.