Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danielkun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2014
Hello,
I just upgraded to an iPhone 8 and gave my old iPhone 6 to my mom. My mom used to use an Android so I registered a new iCloud account for her. Everything went very smooth until I noticed the Photo Stream option in the Settings App is completely gone.

Here are some screenshots. On the left is my moms iPhone 6. On the right is my iPhone 8. Both are running the latest version of iOS. How come the settings differs like this? I did a complete reinstall of my moms iPhone. (reset)

On the fifth and last picture, the entire Photo section is missing from iCloud.. anyone knows why?

IMG_1242.jpeg
IMG_1243.jpeg
IMG_1244.jpeg
IMG_1246.jpeg
IMG_1247.jpeg

posguy99

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2004
It says right there in the iCloud settings that Photos is off. Only sane way to be, of course, but that's your problem.

danielkun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2014
Thanks for replying!

Turning on iCloud Photo Sharing does not help.. "Photos" under iCloud says "On" after I turn on iCloud Photo Sharing but the Photo Stream option does not appear.. see photos below.

IMG_1995.jpg
IMG_1996.jpg

Recognition

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2013
Try logging out and then back in to iCloud, also try taking some photos as the existing pics might not be uploaded to your photo stream but new ones will be.

danielkun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2014
I tried this but nothing helped. The problem still remains...

1. Logged out of iCloud
2. Restarted the phone
3. Logged into iCloud
4. For some reason iCloud Photo Library was turned on so I left it like that and took some photos.
5. Then I connected the charger (although already at 100%) and let it sit for 2 min in case some background activity starts.
6. Turned off iCloud Photo Library and snapped some photos and then did the same as step 5 again.
7. I next checked all settings again but Photo Stream is missing everywhere.

Nothing seems to help.. Should I reser the phone and reinstall?

Recognition

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2013
You mentioned it’s a new iCloud account, have you logged into the new iCloud account on a different device?

As the point of photo stream is to automatically share photos between your devices logged into the same iCloud account?

If you have only one device that’s ever logged into this new iCloud account, maybe it won’t show up until a second device is added/logged in to the new iCloud account?

danielkun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2014
Thank you for your reply. I did add iCloud to my moms Windows 8.1 PC a few days ago. And this PC shows up her device list under the iCloud settings.

But I may need to register another Apple device. I’ll see what I can find and report back!

Reactions: Recognition
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.