Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MiniGeek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2016
I just set up a new iPad on my Apple ID last night. I've noticed that the new iPad is not uploading pictures to photostream. Actually, my iPhone failed to upload several photos I took on an outing today to photostream as well, and they've both been on wifi since then. I've signed onto my Apple ID, both devices are on the same ID. Wifi is good. Both devices are well charged. At home now, the iPhone sends pictures to Photostream right away. The iPad does not. It's been sporadic
Both are synced on the same day and time. I've turned both off and turned them back on. Photostream is turned on on the new iPad.
Any other hints or tips?

MiniGeek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2016
Umm...found a webpage where someone with this problem changed their photo format from "High Efficiency" to "Most Compatible". When I did that with the iPad, it uploaded immediately. It works either way with my phone, whether I'm on High Efficiency or Most Compatible. However, those outdoor photos I took this afternoon never did upload. I'm not sure if I want to have the phone on Most Compatible, given that the photo files are larger.

ZombieFrog

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2022
Thank you very much - this sorted it out for my iPhone and iPad. Before a recent update they were both fine. When the iPhone was updated but not the iPad I found a short term fix by AirDropping photos from the phone to the iPad that would cause the iPad to upload them to the photostream, so for Photos that got left out this might be a workaround

MiniGeek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2016
Thank you very much - this sorted it out for my iPhone and iPad. Before a recent update they were both fine. When the iPhone was updated but not the iPad I found a short term fix by AirDropping photos from the phone to the iPad that would cause the iPad to upload them to the photostream, so for Photos that got left out this might be a workaround
The photos I airdropped from the iPhone to the iPad didn't make it to photostream. I've set the format to "most compatible" on both devices now.

SparkyCanada

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2008
Umm...found a webpage where someone with this problem changed their photo format from "High Efficiency" to "Most Compatible". When I did that with the iPad, it uploaded immediately. It works either way with my phone, whether I'm on High Efficiency or Most Compatible. However, those outdoor photos I took this afternoon never did upload. I'm not sure if I want to have the phone on Most Compatible, given that the photo files are larger.
Just had this problem with new iPad Air.

Couldn't figure it out - made sure my iPad settings were identical to iPhone.

Thanks for the advice - worked for me ? ?

SparkyCanada

SBlue1

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2008
It worked for me too! Thank you.

Why is this in no official support document???? Same with the MacBook not syncing the photostream when its not plugged in. Nobody knows things like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.