Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Diskutant

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2019
Physical is an Apple TV+ comedy drama series, with a 7.1 rating on IMDB.

Anyone else here watching it?

I didn't expect anything good from it. I only started the first episode because the Wonder Woman 1984 trailer made me crave for some 80s feeling which the movie itself couldn't fill at all. So when browsing AppleTV+ that big Physical banner with a VHS design made me start the first episode. I thought I would watch only a few minutes until I have seen enough 80s to move on. But when I watched it I actually liked the characters and the story. It's quite good.

Now I am actually surprised by Greta's reaction to the hair shaving video. Made me think it was her video and just pretending it's her husband who is angry about the stolen cam. Now that I think about it... we actually never saw him being angry about it, did we? That means she knew it all the time that Sheila took it, and she just said stuff about firing their cleaning lady to presure Sheila into admitting it.

Now I can't wait for the next episode. :D

Martinpa

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2014
I’ve been watching it but I feel it is going a bit slow, which is not helped my the half-hour format. I’m interested to see where it is going, but I watch other stuff first on Friday

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Anyone else here watching it?
?

Surprised it haven’t been talked about much. I think it’s really brilliant. One of my personal favorite of TV+.
The first thing I did when I got TV+ back is binge watched it from E4 to last episode, and I still can’t get enough of it.
Loves every characters, and the actings are so on point. When it finishes I would re-watch for sure.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
I can’t wait for the last episode! The “we” Sheila uses in her last line is intriguing.

I still think there will be a break-up.

Last edited:

Diskutant

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2019
I can’t wait for the last episode! The “we” Sheila uses in her last line is intriguing.

I still think there will be a break-up.

yeah it was a great episode.
I wonder, will there be a Season 2? Or will Episode 10 going fast forward to the point we saw at the beginning of Episode 1?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Started watching this tonight and it's really fun. I'm hooked. Been a million years since I heard "Harden My Heart."

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Season 1 was interesting... woman has a lot of inner turmoil... and a few personal demons... and there was a whole lot of drama everywhere you turned... would like to see a second season, TBH.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Season 1 was interesting... woman has a lot of inner turmoil... and a few personal demons... and there was a whole lot of drama everywhere you turned... would like to see a second season, TBH.
You're right there was drama, but it didn't seem too heavy. Seems more like dark comedy to me. The inner voice of anorexia though, eesh she's a ... taskmaster.

CE3

macrumors 68000
Nov 26, 2014
I love this show! Great writing, great cast, great soundtrack, and season 2 on is just as solid as season 1. 10/10!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Diskutant

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
It's an interesting show. Pretty much every character is dispicable, except Greta, Tyler, and Bunny ... yet I'm drawn to them. Maybe I'm more dispicable than I care to admit.

CE3

macrumors 68000
Nov 26, 2014
It's an interesting show. Pretty much every character is dispicable, except Greta, Tyler, and Bunny ... yet I'm drawn to them. Maybe I'm more dispicable than I care to admit.
I would describe most of the characters as complicated, not despicable. Shelia is more of an antihero and maybe not always the easiest to root for, but I’m rooting for her.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
I would describe most of the characters as complicated, not despicable. Shelia is more of an antihero and maybe not always the easiest to root for, but I’m rooting for her.
Complicated is letting them off the hook, IMO.

Rory is a dirtbag. He cheats on his wife. He's taking advantage of a very young woman. He's a huge liar and a fraud.

Rory's campaign manager is pretty bad too. He's a fraud. He's manipulative. Not a good guy.

Sheila's got all kinds of issues. She steals. She lies. She's two-face.

Even the young woman is pretty bad. Not as bad as the 3 previously mentioned, but she knowingly cheated with a married man.

But even with all of that, I'm rooting for Sheila.

Reactions: CE3

CE3

macrumors 68000
Nov 26, 2014
Complicated is letting them off the hook, IMO.

Rory is a dirtbag. He cheats on his wife. He's taking advantage of a very young woman. He's a huge liar and a fraud.

Rory's campaign manager is pretty bad too. He's a fraud. He's manipulative. Not a good guy.

Sheila's got all kinds of issues. She steals. She lies. She's two-face.

Even the young woman is pretty bad. Not as bad as the 3 previously mentioned, but she knowingly cheated with a married man.

But even with all of that, I'm rooting for Sheila.

You won't get any argument from me about the campaign manager and Rory in S1, but I feel like we got more layers to Rory's character in season 2. I don't equate most of the characters on this show as being contemptible because of the poor choices they've made, they're just human, and we're all flawed.

Thanks to Shelia's internal dialogue we know that no one has hated Shelia more than she's hated herself, and a lot of her bad choices are rooted in a cycle of sickness and shame that, until recently, she's been dealing with (or not dealing with) on her own.

At least we're both in her corner, and it seems like she's finally making her way there too.

The setup in the finale leaves me feeling almost certain that we'll get a 3rd season.

ETA: Season 3 is a go 📼✨🏄🏼‍♂️

Last edited:

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
You won't get any argument from me about the campaign manager and Rory in S1, but I feel like we got more layers to Rory's character in season 2. I don't equate most of the characters on this show as being contemptible because of the poor choices they've made, they're just human, and we're all flawed.

Thanks to Shelia's internal dialogue we know that no one has hated Shelia more than she's hated herself, and a lot of her bad choices are rooted in a cycle of sickness and shame that, until recently, she'd been dealing with (or not dealing with) on her own.

At least we're both in her corner, and it seems like she's finally making her way there too.

The setup in the finale leaves me feeling almost certain that we'll get a 3rd season.

ETA: Season 3 is a go 📼✨🏄🏼‍♂️
Oh dang. I forgot about season 2. I haven’t watched it yet, so all of my comments are based on season 1 only. I’m waiting for Ted Lasso before I subscribe again, then I’ll binge the latest seasons that I haven’t watched yet … basically Physical and For All Mankind.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Oh dang. I forgot about season 2. I haven’t watched it yet, so all of my comments are based on season 1 only. I’m waiting for Ted Lasso before I subscribe again, then I’ll binge the latest seasons that I haven’t watched yet … basically Physical and For All Mankind.
OK, I just finished up Season 2 and yes, it does dive into Sheila's issue so much more than in Season 1.

Complicated is a good word to describe her. She's so incredibly strong willed, but at the same time, she's incredibly weak. I guess, like most people, she has facets to her personality.

The show is very entertaining. I wouldn't really be friends with any of these characters in real life, but on the show, they're very interesting and I find myself drawn into their lives and stories.

It's like every character that Sheila can look up to for inspiration turns out to be a fraud. Vinnie Green turns out to be a big baby who can't function without Martika telling him what to do. Breem projects strength, but gets gaslit back into his place by his "meek" Morman wife.

I'm starting to like Danny a bit more. He had been caught up believing his own ******** for so long, but he finally realized that he was a fraud. All was forgiven and he was ready to move on, but Sheila sleeping with his "arch-nemesis" was the one thing he couldn't forgive.

I'm anxiously awaiting Season 3 to see more of Sheila-Breem team-up. They're gonna be unstoppable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.