Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
Am I the only one unable to get smooth scrolling using the up and down arrow keys? I like the idea of doing as much as I can with my keyboard, and the stuttering is making it less desirable. Is there something I can do about it, or is it an issue with iOS?

I'm using the newest Magic Keyboard.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
If you use the arrow keys on your desktop you should find that it stutters as well. It's actually the key repeat rate that is doing this. Something you can't change on an iOS device. (at least not without jailbreaking)

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
If you use the arrow keys on your desktop you should find that it stutters as well. It's actually the key repeat rate that is doing this. Something you can't change on an iOS device. (at least not without jailbreaking)

I don't have a desktop. I just have iOS devices, they're enough for me.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
Well regardless, the point is that this is how the arrow keys work in web browsers. Regardless of what device you use.

Well, poo. Thank you, at least, for letting me know it wasn't just something wrong with my device.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Well, poo. Thank you, at least, for letting me know it wasn't just something wrong with my device.
NP.

Oh, and if you haven't already, play around with combining the command, control, and option/alt keys with the up and down arrows. They each do different things which you might find useful when browsing.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
NP.

Oh, and if you haven't already, play around with combining the command, control, and option/alt keys with the up and down arrows. They each do different things which you might find useful when browsing.

You're awesome. I've only been moving around tabs, making new ones, going back to home, and doing the general page refresh. I didn't think to look for more. XD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.