Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I found a series of videos on You Tube, short and interesting if you like the topic. :)

Black Hole

The Big Bang

Dark Matter and Energy

Evolution​

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The Fabric of the Cosmos- 4 Part Nova Series (PBS) I watched part 1 on Prime Video. This was the first time I saw a visual representatoion of how gravity works that was easy to understand and I was impressed!

The most bizarre idea that is currently being floated is that reality as we experience it, might be a hologram, a projection actually located somewhere else on 2D space. :)

F5A59084-2521-45BD-A03B-1FD54FD3B8F0.jpeg
The satellite and the moon, are objects instead of rolling by on a flat plane, get trapped in the indentation of space/time caused by the mass of the Earth, which warps space time because of its mass.​

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Godel’s Incompleteness Theorem that pertains to math. This was recently mentioned in a forum post. I was oblivious, don’t remember this being mentioned while in school. Now semi-informed, I find the philosophical aspects (3rd video) to be very interesting:

Basic

More In-depth

Pay close attention to the last minute of this video​

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.