Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
socal
our orders say an authorized user can pick up the phones. our phones are in hubby's name and I am on the account as authorized.... I can call in and make changes, etc....

so what do I need to do, if anything, to be able to pick up both phones (his and mine) without him having to go with me? or is that info readily available to them in store?

Reactions: Cyprusian

orangerock

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2009
our orders say an authorized user can pick up the phones. our phones are in hubby's name and I am on the account as authorized.... I can call in and make changes, etc....

so what do I need to do, if anything, to be able to pick up both phones (his and mine) without him having to go with me? or is that info readily available to them in store?
I know with AT&T, you can designate who your authorized users are. My mother has picked mine up at launch for me (while I am at work) multiple times. As long as she is on the authorized user and shows ID, we have never had a problem.

• Love
Reactions: caligurl

kungxpao

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2014
Socal
I'm not the account holder on the AT&T account but I am an authorized user and I had no problem picking my iPhone from the Apple Store. Did it twice to be exact.

• Love

kawalerzysta

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2013
Tobyhanna, PA

If you are on account as an authorized user you can pick up the phone. My brother has ATT account and I am listed as an authorized user and was able to pick up iPhone without any issues for past few years. If you want to make sure if you are authorized user call ATT and confirm with them. If you are not, hubby can add you :).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.