Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
Hi

I am picking up my new iPad Air at the Apple Store. It is wi-fi/cellular(Verizon).

I traded in my iPad 4. I need to keep the existing data number. Can Apple Store do a device switch ? Does Verizon need to do this?

Thanks

Jay

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hi

I am picking up my new iPad Air at the Apple Store. It is wi-fi/cellular(Verizon).

I traded in my iPad 4. I need to keep the existing data number. Can Apple Store do a device switch ? Does Verizon need to do this?

Thanks

Jay

Not sure what you mean by data number, but yes, the Apple store can swap devices on your data plan.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
You didn't keep the SIM from your iPad 4?

If you have the SIM, I believe just popping it in to the Air should do it. If not, or if popping in the SIM doesn't work, you have to call Verizon and have them do the switch. They can do this over the phone.

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
I don't have the SIM. When You activate a cellular iPad, it has a phone number associated with it. I need to retain the number. I just want to swap the device.

Jay

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I don't have the SIM. When You activate a cellular iPad, it has a phone number associated with it. I need to retain the number. I just want to swap the device.

Jay

So once you get your new iPad, call Verizon, they'll swap it for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.