Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheFink

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2002
Re: You are 100% right

Originally posted by unbellaco
"I love her like no other. Let me write her a poem. Oh Elizabeth, Oh my love, how much I love you, and how I would be sad without you. You are my sunshine, you are my moon, and you are my twinkling stars. "

Dude really is on drugs!!! Damn corny crap!:p

Look at this dude's face!

http://waves.apple.com/people/jav/Us/DSCN1089-pp.JPG

To think he works for apple scares me.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Jeez, you guys are totally ruthless. :D

I feel like I've just invaded the guys' privacy.

Of course... since these are the CyberDog developers with a copyright date of 1996, who knows if these two are even still going out! :eek:

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
Originally posted by Hemingray

Of course... since these are the CyberDog developers with a copyright date of 1996, who knows if these two are even still going out! :eek:

Look at them... they must still be together, i dunno anybody else who would have them...

MacHack

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2002
Chicagoland
Cyberdog?? What is (was) it?

Apple Computer, Inc.'s Internet suite of products with a common look and feel, offering
easy drag-and-drop control across different Internet services, as well as tight integration
with the Mac OS and Macintosh OpenDoc-compliant applications. Cyberdog's browser, mail reader,
Internet address notebook and news reading components are completely integrated with one common interface to accomplish Internet tasks. Cyberdog's integration with the Mac OS and Macintosh applications embeds Internet resources throughout the user's work, making Internet connectivity an extension of the desktop.

What the heck is this?

redAPPLE

macrumors 68030
May 7, 2002
2 Much Infinite Loops
Originally posted by Hemingray

let's email the guy and ask... how he is doin' and stuff. if he is a greater poet after all these years...

does anyone volunteer?

bcar0934

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
HOLY CRAP!!!! You guys are funny!

I laughed so hard at 1:45 in the morning that I woke my wife up! I was crying I laughed so histerically.

Did you look at his quicktime VR? What is that computer to the right of his desk. Kinda a cool office for 1996, at least makes me wonder what they have these days in their offices? Multiple 23" cinema displays, etc.

Also the OS8 flag in his window is kinda funny. Ok not really, but kind reminicient of a different time for mac users.

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
I'm kinda disapointed that nobdy noticed the PC's in the office...

I wonder what that's all about :(

Doesnt really matter though, since that's from 1996.....

chmorley

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2002
Denver, CO
Re: Cyberdog?? What is (was) it?

Originally posted by MacHack
Apple Computer, Inc.'s Internet suite of products with a common look and feel, offering easy drag-and-drop control across different Internet services, as well as tight integration with the Mac OS and Macintosh OpenDoc-compliant applications. Cyberdog's browser, mail reader, Internet address notebook and news reading components are completely integrated with one common interface to accomplish Internet tasks. Cyberdog's integration with the Mac OS and Macintosh applications embeds Internet resources throughout the user's work, making Internet connectivity an extension of the desktop.

What the heck is this?
No, it's nothing like .Mac. It was a browser that was part of a project called OpenDoc. OpenDoc developers would write "parts" that could be combined into a single application using drag and drop. It was unbelievably progressive. There is nothing like it now. While some have argued that VisualBasic is somewhat similar (in that modules can be combined into a single app by developers), the truth is that they are nothing alike.

For example, you could drag and drop together a word processing app that can also e-mail and edit photos. While this might sounds useless to some, the idea was revolutionary--allowing users to decide what features to include in the software they use.

I'm not sure why it failed, but there was a lot of talk at the time about copyrght issues. Imagine M$ tolerating someone actually adding useful features to Word--or taking them away. I think the idea was maybe a bit too far from the way everyone else used computers to be acceptable.

And this guy's a freak.

Chris

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.