Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Symtex

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
This picture was taken with a samsung A680 phone from my office windows. Looks pretty cool for a cell phone picture

Attachments

• 237953409_640.jpe
    237953409_640.jpe
    62.9 KB · Views: 384

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
Symtex said:
This picture was taken with a samsung A680 phone from my office windows. Looks pretty cool for a cell phone picture

Looks alright I guess, not sure what the haze in the picture is from either the glass window of your office building, the weather, a dirty camera lens, or just the picture quality.

I guess I can enhance this with PS or iPhoto. ;) :)

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
There is a surprising amount of detail in that photo. I hope you don't mind but I couldn't resist seeing how well it held up to magnification in PSE and then adjusting it a bit.

You got a great cell phone camera. Samsung makes some nice things.

Attachments

• Samsungcell.jpg
    Samsungcell.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 247

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
JDar said:
There is a surprising amount of detail in that photo. I hope you don't mind but I couldn't resist seeing how well it held up to magnification in PSE and then adjusting it a bit.

Here is the Original Picture and my Edited one. :)

Compression of the edited picture might look grainy.

Attachments

• original.jpeg
    original.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 225
  • edit.jpg
    edit.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 239

Symtex

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
JDar said:

you guys are great. Good work It's Montreal downtown picture in winter. Guys at the office loves your work. :p

Symtex

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
maya said:
Is that St. Cat street. ;) :)

I love montreal, I thought that picture looked familiar. :)

It's actually a view of Bonaventure highway (continuation of University St)

dvdh

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2004
Not bad for a phone . . . I took a stab at cleaning it up as well . . . came out not too bad.

-Used S-Spline to interpolate a new image at twice the pixel dimensions (1292 wide). This helps to clean up some of the jpeg artifacting and cleans up the edges.

-Opened the new image in Photoshop.
-Manually adjusted the levels to bring out the warm tones (reds mostly)
-Manually adjusted the Brightness and Contrast
-Used dodge/burn tools to bring out some the shadow detail and clear up the haze a little.

-Resized back to original resolution

Time spent: about 2 min. I guess cellphone cameras could prove to be useful.

I think I may have ended up with a little too much cyan tone in the sky though. . .

Attachments

• getting better.jpg
    getting better.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 198

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
I'm actually surprised at how good that is for a cell phone. I should get that phone. I cant even take ANY pictures :eek: . Not that I'd need to though. :p

Applespider

macrumors G4
I've found my camera phone invaluable for those occasions where I want to make my friends jealous of where I am :p or when I want a quick snap of the moment and don't have my regular camera around. Quick postcards back home when I'm on trips are also appreciated! And the 'fish-eye' effect doesn't matter quite so much on another phone.

Here are a few I've taken that aren't bad - I find the quality goes rapidly downhill as soon as the lighting gets darker. Having said that, it's always worth checking what firmware your phone is running - my k700i was updated over Christmas from its original July firmware and its camera capability has got a lot better since.

3 pics attached - MNF at Lambeau Field, St Louis from top of the arch and game 7 of Cardinals/Astros NLCS game.

Attachments

• Picture(20).jpg
    Picture(20).jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 181
  • Picture(28).jpg
    Picture(28).jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 154
  • Picture(29).jpg
    Picture(29).jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 175

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Here's a few cell photos from Chicago. An artist from Madison, Wisconsin had an installation in Grant Park downtown using old computers as flowerpots. All PCs except for one old iMac.I actually like the soft slight fisheye look my Moto V600 gives me. It's fun to blowup photos from this camera to poster size and mess with them.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 178

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Here's one of my fave pics from my cell camera.

Attachments

• 07-25-04_1437.jpg
    07-25-04_1437.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 162

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
i just got my camera phone last night and im so fascinated with it lol. it's a sony t637, very easy to use, lovely themes (got an panther one on there :p) bluetooth is awesome, tiny, and free. piece of crap camera though. 352x288 and you need pretty bright light to get a good pic. anyway, story behind this pic, favorite one so far from the phone: got off the school bus this morning with my friend and was showing him my phone and took a pic but he flicked me off. pretty cool lol. it's my background on my phone. not sure why i think it's so cool...

Attachments

• Picture(2).jpg
    Picture(2).jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 159

parrothead

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2003
Edmonds, WA
Here's a picture from my T610. Beautiful isn't it. I sent in a different 610 for a warranty repair and this is what I got back. :mad:

Attachments

• Picture(1).jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 205

Cfly

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2004
MoparShaha said:
Thanks.

Crippled Bluetooth aside, it's an awesome phone.

I hear that Verizon crippled its bluetooth abilities, but it may be different here in canada because it is through telus.

bbarnhart

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2002
I got a Motorola C650 a few months ago. I'm very disappointed with the camera quality. I've not used the camera much after I found out how bad the pictures are. However, the phone, combined with my T-Mobile service is fantastic.

Jaggies are very noticeable and everything is washed out. Maybe I have something on the camera setup incorrectly.

Attachments

• 12-08-04_0704.jpg
    12-08-04_0704.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 174
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.