Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lshypit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2014
I have an iPhone 5 and a 2009 MacBook Pro. Both are completely up to date on software.
I took a couple hundred photos in both horizontal and vertical orientation with my iPhone over the course of a few months. I then put them onto iPhoto on my MacBook Pro and deleted them off of my iPhone after the import so that I could put them back onto my iPhone sorted nicely into events. When I did this, almost half of the pictures imported ono my iPhone rotated either 90° or 180°. There is no way to rotate them once they're in events in your phone.
I have looked at a few other threads, but so far I have not been able to find an answer.
It's really annoying to have to look at my pictures sideways or upside down... Has anybody else been able to solve this problem?
Thanks so much!

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
I have an iPhone 5 and a 2009 MacBook Pro. Both are completely up to date on software.
I took a couple hundred photos in both horizontal and vertical orientation with my iPhone over the course of a few months. I then put them onto iPhoto on my MacBook Pro and deleted them off of my iPhone after the import so that I could put them back onto my iPhone sorted nicely into events. When I did this, almost half of the pictures imported ono my iPhone rotated either 90° or 180°. There is no way to rotate them once they're in events in your phone.
I have looked at a few other threads, but so far I have not been able to find an answer.
It's really annoying to have to look at my pictures sideways or upside down... Has anybody else been able to solve this problem?
Thanks so much!

1. Did you have rotation lock enabled before you started Camera App ?
2. Use iPhoto (on Mac) to rotate them to correct orientation and resync the iphone

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I'm also having this problem. The photos are correctly oriented in Aperture, but when they sync back over to the iPhone and iPad the orientation is suddenly wrong.

Wondering if there was a recent event triggering this bug because photos before a certain date (mid Febraury 2014) are fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.