Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Starboy786

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2019
Has anyone else had an issue with this? I bought an 11 Pro Max and have now restored it 3 times hoping my pictures in imessages will show up in the info view (when you press on someones name from the top of the message and press info) so i could see all pictures sent at once. The pictures are clearly in the thread cause i can see them if i scroll up and find them but dont show up in the detail view. Old links dont show up either. I haven't gotten any indexing sign just a notification that says downloading messages from icloud in imessages but that goes away after the phone sits over night. I thought 13.1 would fix this issue but even after updating the issue is still here. Super frustrating i've never had this issue before restoring from icloud but this time it just does not seem to work. Is there anything that can be done to fix this so all pictures in messages will show up in the correct thread?

Also i first encountered this issue Saturday. That day i had sent a few pictures back and forth which did show up in the info view. Before restoring my phone i backed it up again Sunday around 1pm. Then reset it restored it from backup. Once that backup was complete it did not even bring up the pictures that were in the info view from saturday so every time you restore your phone it is wiping the info panel clean. Not sure how to fix this and apple support hasnt been much help with this. Crazy part is this worked fine on my XS Max with ios 13. Issue started when i swapped over to the 11 pro max.

everlast77

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2007
Sweden
When I longpress on the message app (quick action), photos of the contacts not showing.
But when I open the message app the photos are there.
Anyone else with this problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.