Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bawlf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
I have a confusing problem with my iPhone 6, with iOS 9 on it. It is a 16GB phone and I have always struggled with running out of storage space. In my Storage section is often shows that I have 0 Bytes of space available.

Here is the issue. I have been going through text and iMessages and manually deleting pictures. By doing this I have take the Messages storage breakdown from 1.8GB down to 1.3GB. However, I haven't gained 500MB worth of space. In fact, I only get like 40MB worth of space after all the manual deletion of pictures.

What I have noticed is that in numerous text message threads is that some pictures no longer have a thumbnail and appear blank with only the file name inside the icon of the picture attachment.

I've also noticed that some songs on my music on my phone are no longer play able and are greyed out.

Why is it that after all my deleting of 500MB worth of text message pics, that I haven't realized any available space?

I'll try to upload some screenshots to show what I mean if this is too confusing. I need help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.