Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diamond3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
Problem: Most of the contact pictures on my phone synced under iCloud have been randomly mixed up. For example, my sisters contact picture shows up as another friend. This happens when she calls as well.

I check my computer address book that is also syncing with iCloud and all the pictures are associated with the correct contact. This leads me to believe that it is something going on with my phone.

My Phone: iPhone 4 (GSM) running iOS 5, tethered jailbreak w/semitether installed. I have Facebook and twitter installed. I tried redownloading the pictures again using the Facebook app and it fixed a few that I could tell, but not all. This is how I placed the pictures initially with most of the contacts initially.

Thoughts? Maybe it happened recently somehow and my computer hasn't synced with the iCloud to become messed up as well? Either way, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this annoyance.

Elissa92

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2011
I am having the same problem

Out of nowhere, my contact pictures are totally messed up. I have pictures of friends showing up when family members call. I think it has to do with the cloud but am not sure. Regardless, this is a VERY annoying problem and want to fix it ASAP!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

masemase

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2007
Same stupid problem

I've been having the same issues since upgrading to iOS 5.0/the iPhone 4S, and, unlike the first poster, my problems have, of course (since everything is tied to iCloud), migrated to my Mac Address Book as well, where all my contact pictures are swapped, mismatched and wrong as well. I've wondered whether the problem originated in the Facebook app, since that, too, is where I got a bunch of my pictures for my contacts as well, but before that I was using a program called "FacebookSync" on my Mac that, essentially, did the same thing - and it was quite accurate. Everything was working perfectly until the update to iOS 5.0/migration to iCloud when everything got messed up.

Any help on this would be greatly, greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
B

headcase

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I'm experiencing the same issue, but only on my phone. I am running 5.0 with tethered jailbreak, and recently upgraded SmartSync, which I suspect is causing the issue, given I had just installed and ran that. However, the photos that are wrong on my iPhone are not contacts that were part of my Facebook contact updates... hmm...

Also, I am not using iCloud yet -- all this happened locally on my iPhone.

Last edited:

headcase

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I fixed the contact photos on my phone with MobileMe sync, and you might have the same success for fixing on your iPhone with iCloud syncing, IF your photos are correct online or on your Address Book on your Mac:

- Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > MobileMe > Turn OFF Contacts syncing
- Click 'delete from iPhone' (removes all contacts associated with MobileMe)
- Turn back ON
- Let it sync

Hopefully, you have photos correctly placed somewhere else... otherwise, this tip won't work for you.

aham23

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2011
im on a PC and last week my contact pics disappeared from my phone and the iCloud. still in Outlook though. i did the above, but that didnt work. in fact unsynced & resynced from the phone and PC more than once. odd.

twinflame73

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2013
I'm having this issue too. Locally as well, not in the cloud, and from photos taken, not Facebook photos.
Ring ring! (Cool, it's that hot bartendress from the other night! ) "Heeeeey, beautiful! ... Huh? ... What?... No, Mr. Patterson, I'm not on drugs. ... Yeah, I'll work a double Thursday... "
Sheesh.

prms

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2013
Same here, on my iPhone and synced back to Address book on OSX :'( However, I have never synced my contacts with Facebook so this happened purely by iCloud itself. Apple completely keeps messing up my whole address book, putting pictures of people at random contacts (even multiple times).

Only solution that I could think of to avoid the ackwardness user twinflame73 was talking about, is to manually delete all the pictures pffff.

Last edited:

MDJCM

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2009
UK, South
Yep, 6+ months ago I deleted all the pics, and every now and again i still get random pics pop up

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.