Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Veerasayz

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2020
On the pics with filters I used iOS app called Retrica for the filter and all the other editing was with iOS app Snapseed.
May I know what editing has been done with Snapseed. I installed the app now..Surprisingly these pics look too good

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
May I know what editing has been done with Snapseed. I installed the app now..Surprisingly these pics look too good

Hard to detail out because I use almost all of the features in Snapseed. When you click “TOOLS” at the bottom I usually use a bit of everything. “Glamour glow” I almost always use, but I adjust the levels so it isn’t so intense. I never use the default setting of things. “Tonal contrast” is another menu option I always use. “Drama” is another one but you have to super tone it down and adjust it or it will make your pictures look crazy. “Tune image” basically use everything there…highlights, shadows, ambiance, contrast & brightness etc. “Grainy film” I usually set the grain to 10 and then choose one of the effects in that menu too. It’s a lot of just playing around with the pics, usually 20-25 edits in Snapseed by the time I save a pic. You can likely get the exact same effects in any decent photo app but I have become used to Snapseed and their menus. I have posted a lot in this thread if you go back a few pages you can see more examples and they are all from Retrica & Snapseed too.

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
This is a before and after of a pic edited Snapseed.

19C51547-CE84-40FF-AC71-0789C29DABD0.jpeg

7C9DAC23-50C4-4491-8DFB-30209C830042.jpeg

mistylavon

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2021
I have my iPhone SE 2020 and I also have a Sony RX100 and Canon Rebel SL1 BUT I feel like the only one I mostly get the best photos from is my iPhone. Does anyone else feel this way? I think I just like the idea of having a real camera.

iAssimilated

Contributor
Apr 29, 2018
the PNW
I have my iPhone SE 2020 and I also have a Sony RX100 and Canon Rebel SL1 BUT I feel like the only one I mostly get the best photos from is my iPhone. Does anyone else feel this way? I think I just like the idea of having a real camera.

My Nikon D3500 definitely takes better photos than my iPhone, but my iPhone is always with me, thus I get more shots with my iPhone then my Nikon (and you could argue that I get better shots with it since I take more photos with the iPhone).

mistylavon

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2021
Has anyone had an iPhone 11? Do you like it vs the SE 2020 better or worse? Thoughts? Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.