Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mls2807

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2019
I just bought this phone a little over two weeks and noticed a small pimple like bubble right under my notch. The iPhone has a glass screen protector on it and has been covered in an otterbox case since day one, when I bought from the apple store.

I'm not sure if it's just an air bubble or a piece of dust

I have Applecare+ but wondering if Apple will replace the screen under warranty if it is a crack. Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/cEEcJX1

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I just bought this phone a little over two weeks and noticed a small pimple like bubble right under my notch. The iPhone has a glass screen protector on it and has been covered in an otterbox case since day one, when I bought from the apple store.

I'm not sure if it's just an air bubble or a piece of dust

I have Applecare+ but wondering if Apple will replace the screen under warranty if it is a crack. Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/cEEcJX1
It looks to me like something stuck under the screen protector.

mls2807

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2019
Thanks! That's what I'm thinking as well. Can Apple do anything? It's not a big problem just concerned it wasn't a crack

mls2807

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2019
I never said I wanted Apple to make an in house inspection.

I asked a simple question if Apple would fix a cracked screen if it's under a warranty

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

I asked a simple question if Apple would fix a cracked screen if it's under a warranty

If your phone is under warranty and there is no evidence of an impact, they will likely replace the phone with a refurbished one. If there is any sign of impact they will not replace under warranty.

Your AppleCare + would also get your device replaced no matter how it happened.

Reactions: Harthag

Harthag

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.

What Newton's Apple said.

Please check the screen protector before heading to Apple. If I was in line waiting at a packed store and someone was holding things up demanding a replacement for a cracked screen... and it's just the screen protector, I would be just a tad annoyed at that person. Not saying you're that person, just a general comment. Hope your screen is all good.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
I just notice that their is a small cracked on my iPhone XS Max lens. I’ve only had my fun since April and apple will not let me purchase the AppleCare. If I take my phone to the apple store will they replace the lens under the one year warranty that comes with the phone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.