Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which device are you using? (if you have pinch to zoom issue)

• MacBook Pro (M1, M2)

• MacBook Pro (Intel)

• MacBook Air (M1,M2)

• MacBook Air (Intel)

• iMac (M1)

• iMac (Intel)

• Mac Studio

• Mac mini (M1)

• Mac mini (Intel)

• Mac Pro

Results are only viewable after voting.

Andrew73875

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2022
I've noticed a lot of people mentioned this issue across multiple threads. Could be useful to have everything in one place. How do you solve it? Disabling/enabling "pinch to zoom" in system settings is not working for me. Only restarting the whole thing does. Also it starts working after a while without me doing anything. Very entertaining bug.

I've also noticed that that zooming is jerky when pinching to zoom and not smooth (especially in Preview app).

Last edited:
Reactions: ThomasJL

Andrew73875

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2022
Seems that pinch to zoom stops working in Apple apps (Preview, Safari) but still works in Chrome. Maybe someone experiencing the same?

n00byn4t3r

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2012
Just upgraded to Ventura, same issue. Doesn't work in Maps or Safari, works fine in Firefox.

ThomasJL

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2008
I'm having this issue, too, on macOS Ventura 13.1. Has it been fixed in 13.2? (I doubt it, but hope someone pleasantly surprises me.)

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I’ve not noticed this issue, but just tested on my M1 Max MacBook Pro and it’s working fine in Preview & Photos on macOS 13.2

ThomasJL

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2008
The pinch-to-zoom function is something I need to use many times per day for my work. This bug has negatively affected my work flow.

I read the bug started under Monterey and still is present in Ventura.

Tim Cook just doesn’t care. Why is Apple hoarding cash instead spending a small fraction of that to hire programmers to fix known bugs?

Reactions: AlumaMac

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
The pinch-to-zoom function is something I need to use many times per day for my work. This bug has negatively affected my work flow.

I read the bug started under Monterey and still is present in Ventura.

Tim Cook just doesn’t care. Why is Apple hoarding cash instead spending a small fraction of that to hire programmers to fix known bugs?
breathe. it's not a bug everyone's experiencing, just some people. and it needs to be sorted out. but it works for many; look at the small number of replies here.

whatever you 'read', facts are better than gossip. and hopefully someone on this great forum will find a workaround, for now.

tassos

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2013
I really don't use it a lot but when I need to use it, it's very frustrating when I THOUGH the I was having the same issue (13.6.3 OS).
However, under Accessibilty> If you check "Use scroll gestures with modifier keys to use" it was activated again!
For me, it works perfect with "Command" key and Scrolling gesture in trackpad!
Also in "Advanced" menu when "Continuously with pointer" is selected!

Hope it helps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.