Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AMurphy7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
I have this unit and have 2 issues with it.

1. It seems to create an 'iPhone' playlist on my iphone which it defaults to play when I connect it - instead of the one I want - yet the 'iPhone' playlist is nowhere in my iTunes wtf ???? how do i kill this playlist ?

2. The iphone doesn't seem to want to transfer my contacts to the headunit for bluetooth dialing - how do i get this working ? - it will download contacts but not transfer them to the unit

iSaint

macrumors 603
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

AMurphy7 said:
I have this unit and have 2 issues with it.

1. It seems to create an 'iPhone' playlist on my iphone which it defaults to play when I connect it - instead of the one I want - yet the 'iPhone' playlist is nowhere in my iTunes wtf ???? how do i kill this playlist ?

2. The iphone doesn't seem to want to transfer my contacts to the headunit for bluetooth dialing - how do i get this working ? - it will download contacts but not transfer them to the unit

Does the head unit claim to support the iPhone? I have a year old Pioneer head unit. It will play songs from the iPhone, but playlists aren't functional. Bluetooth contact dialing sounds cool.

iSaint

macrumors 603
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

P. S. Ask the store where you bought it and/or had it installed.

AMurphy7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
Thanks but I bought it and installed myself, just wondering if anyone else has one installed and where the heck this 'iphone' playlist is coming from

it has my songs but some crazy mix I certainly didn't create

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.