Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emendelson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2014
Does anyone know a source for PRAM batteries for the Pismo or Lombard? My Pismo is working very nicely with a new SSD replacing the noisy HD, but the PRAM battery won't retain the date/time. I can't find a replacement at the usual suspects (eBay, Amazon, NewerTech, etc.), and I don't have the skills to build a new one.

Any information will be gratefully received.

emendelson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2014

emendelson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2014
It turns out there's hope. The eBay seller dasherdeals has already built some batteries for other PowerBook models, and he tells me that he'll start building them for Pismo/Lombard before too long. If you subscribe to his store (i.e. add it to your eBay feed) you'll see them when they're ready.

emendelson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2014
BTW, which SSD drive do you have? I heard that many "compatible" drives simply do not work.

It says "Fashion Sprout SSD 2.5"; 32GB. I found it on eBay for a few dollars. And DasherDeals on eBay now is selling PRAM batteries, so I can even get the right time on this machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.