Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PITAKA Case or Evutec Case?

• PITAKA

• Evutec

• Other Similar Case

Results are only viewable after voting.

Daisy Chen

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 12, 2017
Hello everyone,

I found two interesting case from the sticky thread "What case is everyone getting for their iP7/7+?". The PITAKA Aramid iPhone 7 case and Evutec AER series case(said to be made from kevlar). They look quite similar and both are tempting. Have any of you used both or one of the two? Please kindly share your opinions here to help an allodoxaphobia to make better decisions. (PITAKA left and Evutec right)
PITAKA iPhone 7+.jpg Evutec iPhone7+.jpg

jev425

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Seattle, WA
I have the AER and it is different than the pitaka case your seeing. The pitaka case is more of a thin cover and doesn't protect as well as the AER case. The AER case actually wraps around the phone on all sides and has a small lip to protect the screen.

Reactions: Daisy Chen

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
I have the Evutec aer karbon case and it's my go to case! This version is better because it has a metal plate inside so you can mount it to any magnetic surface and magnetic car mount which is a plus over the pitaka.

Daisy Chen

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 12, 2017
I want both lol
me as well lol. But still wanna know about the differences :)
[doublepost=1486522672][/doublepost]
I have the Evutec aer karbon case and it's my go to case! This version is better because it has a metal plate inside so you can mount it to any magnetic surface and magnetic car mount which is a plus over the pitaka.
But I am wondering would the metal plate do harm to your cell phone signal???

pdxa4

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
Yea, I've noticed that also. But would be nice to have it discounted a bit.
It's cheaper on Amazon, but not sure if it comes with the car vent on that offer ?

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
Yea I saw that one also, and ultimately I ordered it today. Hopefully it's a genuine one.

Interestingly there was another listing for the "same" case but that was $40 and did not include the vent clip.
I purchased the $40 one from amazon without a vent and it's genuine.

Daisy Chen

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 12, 2017
Great to hear that! I was always worrying whether metal or other conductive materials on iPhone case could damage my signal... Except for the metal plate helping for better carry, what else you like about the case?;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.