Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaramelSky

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2022
Really interested in the Starpeak MagEZ Case for my blue 15 pro, but never used such a slim case before.

I’ve always used Apple silicone cases which have been fine for protecting my phone. I’m not super clumsy but I might drop my phone on the odd occasion from waist height onto concrete or hard wood.

Has anyone had any experiences with the MagEZ and dropping it? How does it hold up?

p8blr

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
Wichita, KS
I had one on my 13 mini and felt it offered a decent amount of protection. I did end up with a few dents in the aluminum on exposed edges but nothing major. I switched to the Pro version for more protection and it's not nearly as thin but still a very nice case. I'd say if thinness is important to you, there's thinner cases than the Pro version of the Pitaka.

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2015
The Pitaka thin cases have been my go to case for years and multiple iPhone models. They are not as protective as a thicker case but for me I value the thinness and lightness and I’m willing to risk that the case provides some protection but isn’t absolute. Way more protective than naked plus its grippy which to me really reduces the drop risk. I’m rough on my gear and I’ve dropped my phones plenty. Over about 6 years of using the Pitaka’s and lots of hard drops (parking lots while juggling the phone, keys, etc is the worst for me) I’ve broken one front screen. The phone landed face down on pavement and cracked needing a replacement front screen. Way more common for me are drops where it lands on its corner and for the worst of those the case got scuffed but the phone was fine.

So I recommend them but I’m also ok with my tools showing some wear and tear. Just ordered the latest MagEZ for my 15pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.