Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drinkingtea

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2016
This is the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro allegedly. I was hesitant at first, but I do love the design. Google never disappoints me. This is going to be the first Pixel with the Whitechapel chip. I'm excited.

E1ScCE_WEAAZLZg.jpeg

E1XCxvbWQAA6oBZ.jpeg

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
I like everything I've seen about the software and hardware for the Pixel 6 so far. By big concerns are do they cut corners again with the specs? And what kind of shape is this new chip? First generation anything with Google is notorious for having huge quality control problems and bugs. But damn if I'm not already hooked.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I’m excited to see google making more of an effort in the flagship market but i think expections to remain low until we know what kind of specs it may have. I can only imagine they will be upgrading their sensors as thing have gotten stale.

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
I’m excited to see google making more of an effort in the flagship market but i think expections to remain low until we know what kind of specs it may have. I can only imagine they will be upgrading their sensors as thing have gotten stale.

Max Weinbach has hinted that there will be newer sensors, more storage, and they people will be happy with the specs. What that means, who knows.

If they use the leaked design and it comes with google custom chip that can rival the latest snapdragon, at least 8gb of ram, Qhd screen, 90hz or above refresh, competitive battery size, and newer sensors. I'll be all in and will deal with any of the growing pains with the new processor.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Max Weinbach has hinted that there will be newer sensors, more storage, and they people will be happy with the specs. What that means, who knows.

If they use the leaked design and it comes with google custom chip that can rival the latest snapdragon, at least 8gb of ram, Qhd screen, 90hz or above refresh, competitive battery size, and newer sensors. I'll be all in and will deal with any of the growing pains with the new processor.
Fingers crossed

Either way sounds a good step forward

The_Interloper

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2016
Total stunner. Who says all slabs of glass have to look the same? Anyone who whips that phone out will get "What is that?" comments...something you can't say of a lot of phone design lately (other than Samsung Folds).

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
I'm a bit excited for this one. However I'm not sure how to interpret the back? Looks notched? Not sure how to explain it, like a thicker band sticking out where the camera is? Maybe it's just the way the render looks?

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
I am very interested in this phone. I wish Microsoft would include the full "your phone" experience with other phones besides samsungs.
The question is, who’s willing to cooperate with Microsoft. Google would never want to (Google didn’t even care to make apps for Windows Phone). Samsung is the best partner as they’re not only a PC OEM as well, but Samsung is also leery of Google.

drinkingtea

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2016
Wait, that camera bump across the back plate?
Reminded me of Geordi
GeordiLaForge.jpg

Not sure if it's good idea as that means that strip of glass is prone to cracks/breaking, but it will at least stabilize the phone on the table in a slanted position.
Someone on Reddit photoshopped a Geordi version, haha. I'm too lazy to find it again. 😂

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
The question is, who’s willing to cooperate with Microsoft. Google would never want to (Google didn’t even care to make apps for Windows Phone). Samsung is the best partner as they’re not only a PC OEM as well, but Samsung is also leery of Google.
Google does have Chromebooks though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.