Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

splatterific

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
I'm looking to get a descent photo editor for my iPad. It seems it's come down to these two, pixelmator or ps touch. Trying to figure what the strengths and weaknesses are. Any input would be great.

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2013
Another vote for Pixelmator, but it can be frustrating at times, especially with using text boxes.

splatterific

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
If you like photo montages, i would go with ps touch.

Good point. Didn't realize pixelmator doesn't offer that. One other thought I'm not sure of is the creative cloud. Do I have to have it? The App Store states a complimentary 2gb. But am I later going to be forced to subscribe? I don't really have a need for that.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
I like Pixelmator, but only importing 1 photos at a time is a PITA.

splatterific

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
I like Pixelmator, but only importing 1 photos at a time is a PITA.

Yeah that does sound inconvenient. I'm looking for the iPad version. The one thing I was upset to see pixelmator diesnt seem to do is, removing an image from one photo and layering it on another

matraco

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2014
Good point. Didn't realize pixelmator doesn't offer that. One other thought I'm not sure of is the creative cloud. Do I have to have it? The App Store states a complimentary 2gb. But am I later going to be forced to subscribe? I don't really have a need for that.

No, you don't need that to use it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.