Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rellaturis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2022
Hi,
I have seen PlaneShift is now available again on Mac! That's a great news, as I was playing this game years ago, but the support for Mac was not available anymore when I upgraded my OS. They made a new version with Unreal Engine. The game is a fantasy MMO, where you can explore, do quests, fight, etc... It's a game made by volunteers, so don't expect commercial quality, and it's in development since ever... but it is playable, and I always enjoyed the roleplay aspect, the exploration and the funny bugs. :)

Does anyone remember this game? I'm searching someone to play with.

Here are some screenshots that may give you vibes of the last decade if you were a player back then.

Attachments

• planeshift_sc1.jpg
    planeshift_sc1.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 166
  • planeshift_sc2.jpg
    planeshift_sc2.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 69

fergusferret

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2022
I have played this a while now, i also decided to help with some of the development as a tester of the mac version of the game, which is not yet fully ready to be opened up to all. it is a slow process as there are very few developers but the head dev is looking for new people to help all the time there. this is not an ad though, just a reply that i as a mac user love this game. free to platy, no in-game gatchas, no payments needed at all. there is the patreon payments if you want to help monetarily, but that is not at all connected to the game, other than allowing you to get the unreal version and help test the game for bugs that need to be sorted.

the game has huge potential, with a lot more in the idea than is shown in the game. I even have a few ideas for new quests and skills in the game. community involvement is always accepted by the head dev, ideas are discussed in their discord forums, and some of them get into the game from there if liked enough. one og my ideas actually made a new npc travelling-trader for a new feature we players asked for inclusion of. this is by no means a commercial game, it is made by community interaction with the dev being part of a charity that helps others learn development skills.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.