Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FleoN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2021
Hi, I am a new user on this forum! Thanks for having me here. I have a small yet general question to ask, and would love to hear your opinions. I am planning on saving up money to get the Ipad Air 4 WI-FI (64 GB) version, and I wonder if that's enough? I will use it to watch Netflix, Youtube, Browse social media (Instagram, Twitter) and occasionally draw on it. I understand that the 256 GB version is a more safer choice but looking at my personal usage, I feel that it is not really a MUST although it is safer. I would love your opinions on this. It'd be greatly appreciated. The reason why I'm planning on getting the 64GB version is because it's cheaper. It cost around 2.3k and the 256 GB cost around 3k, it's quite a huge difference, so that's my biggest issue. Hope you understand.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Agree with @rui no onna, that you should be fine with 64GB. I primarily stream from my Air 3 which is also 64GB and have 39GB available of storage. I also utilize iCloud for photos and such, so I don't keep a lot of data stored locally on my devices.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Hi, I am a new user on this forum! Thanks for having me here. I have a small yet general question to ask, and would love to hear your opinions. I am planning on saving up money to get the Ipad Air 4 WI-FI (64 GB) version, and I wonder if that's enough? I will use it to watch Netflix, Youtube, Browse social media (Instagram, Twitter) and occasionally draw on it. I understand that the 256 GB version is a more safer choice but looking at my personal usage, I feel that it is not really a MUST although it is safer. I would love your opinions on this. It'd be greatly appreciated. The reason why I'm planning on getting the 64GB version is because it's cheaper. It cost around 2.3k and the 256 GB cost around 3k, it's quite a huge difference, so that's my biggest issue. Hope you understand.
If those are the only things you'll be using the iPad for, and cost is a consideration, then I think it would be better to get the 8th Gen iPad. None of those use cases would be significantly more satisfying on the Air vs. 8th gen iPad, IMO.

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
If those are the only things you'll be using the iPad for, and cost is a consideration, then I think it would be better to get the 8th Gen iPad. None of those use cases would be significantly more satisfying on the Air vs. 8th gen iPad, IMO.
Sracer your right of course, but I suspect the OP wants the Air 4 as it has the newer design, larger screen and of course the choice of the 5 colours.

OP, I have the 64GB Wifi version that you want and have similar use as you do, and have like 50GB space left. You can also use the Pencil 2 to draw on it also and its great for this. Its a great device and I'm sure you will love it.

Reactions: FleoN

FleoN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2021
Thanks for your opinions and insights on this! I would generally prefer the Air 4 because it's the latest (From my knowledge) and also because I like the design and the thin bezels, unlike the 8th Gen Ipad that you recommended.

FleoN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2021
Sracer your right of course, but I suspect the OP wants the Air 4 as it has the newer design, larger screen and of course the choice of the 5 colours.

OP, I have the 64GB Wifi version that you want and have similar use as you do, and have like 50GB space left. You can also use the Pencil 2 to draw on it also and its great for this. Its a great device and I'm sure you will love it.
Thank you for your insights on this! I will definitely consider the 64GB variant now! I'm a storage efficient person and I think it would be enough for me, and yes I'm also planning on getting the Pencil 2.

FleoN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2021
Agree with @rui no onna, that you should be fine with 64GB. I primarily stream from my Air 3 which is also 64GB and have 39GB available of storage. I also utilize iCloud for photos and such, so I don't keep a lot of data stored locally on my devices.
Thanks for your opinion! If I were to store photos, I would definitely store them on iCloud as well! I will definitely consider getting the 64Gb variant now.

Reactions: mr_jomo

Username-already-in-use

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2021
I got the 64GB iPad Air 4 for my girlfriend and she uses it for the same reasons as you. It works totally fine for what she needs it for (she loves the Air 4). There is still lots of storage left.

Reactions: FleoN

titoaida2078

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2020

Forgive my ignorance but are the 2021 iPad Pros the first to have the magnetic side for the pencil?

1BadManVan

macrumors 68040
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
64gb for your needs is plenty. You’ll love it, it’s a great device. If budget allows, I would definitely take it over the 8th gen some have suggested for the pencil 2 support, nicer, larger screen and better speaker layout if you’re utilizing them to watch shows.

Lately it’s pretty hard to choose the wrong ipad, they are all pretty well rounded. Really comes down to how much you want to spend for a better experience at each cost tier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.