Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Curry119

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2023
Anyone else wish they would bring back the white plastic MacBooks? I had the iBook G4 years ago and it was indestructible. I wouldn't mind carrying a bit more weight again in exchange for that plastic design.

jpsulisz

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2022
The White iBook/MacBook generation is some of the best looking - but my main concern is that they tend to crack

Aoligei

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2020
The White iBook/MacBook generation is some of the best looking - but my main concern is that they tend to crack

Not until it all scratched up.. The non-unibody one has tendency to crack on the edge of the top shell and the unibody plastic MacBook bottom gets dirty fairly easily.

But my first Mac was the 2008 white MacBook, so the white MacBook has special place in my heart.

sunapple

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
I did love the aesthetic of the white plastic and got myself the last gen unibody MacBook a couple of years back to relive it. Beautiful design. However to me the M1 MacBook Air is the modern day equivalent and I'm happy it's not made out of plastic.

digbill

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2021
I would very much so like to see an 11 inch or 12 inch “MacBook” that is either plastic or metal, with two USB-C ports and SD card reader, and cost under $1000. It would also need to be black! I would use this product for video production as my media management device, to copy footage from cameras to SSD drives, so I don’t have to take my $3000 MBP around with me everywhere I go, up mountains and what not. My black MacBook days and my 11 inch MacBook Air those were awesome. Would love to have that similar tool in the toolbox again.

Reactions: jido

knuta

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2023
my 2007 mb core2duo has lots of cracks and the screen just started to flicker lately. snow leopard is still blazing fast on a ssd! but now im not sure what to do with it

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
my 2007 mb core2duo has lots of cracks and the screen just started to flicker lately. snow leopard is still blazing fast on a ssd! but now im not sure what to do with it
I also had one upgraded to ssd. Not sure about the os but it was so slow that it was recycled 5 years ago.

Investing in a laptop more than 10years old makes no sense. Buy any M1 Mac and you should be fine fine the next 10 years

Reactions: _Mitchan1999
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.