Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

notai

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2023
Per the subject title, would be greta if while watching a concert or movie we could have an option to have the audio come out of a decent set of speakers. I have Apple TV 4K and a Wiim Pro + that all support Airplay 2, so why is this not possible ? The audio out of these things is kinda crappy and tinny compared to a set of proper set of speakers when listening to music. If we are to have a proper immersive feel, why leave out the audio component ? If pressed I'd give away the AVP over my set of speakers any day for great music!

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Yes. Airplay to your Apple TV. Unsure what quality you would get due to Airplay restrictions.

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 20.19.04.png

Reactions: G5isAlive

notai

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2023
not sure if bot or not, the comment makes no sense at worst, and tangentially at best in relation to subject. have you actually tried air playing from VP ?

BanditoB

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
When you select screen sharing in the AVP, the audio automatically switches to the destination device. There is an option to select the AVP audio instead.

I’m not sure that the AVP offers the option to AirPlay to other speakers. I’ll take a look soon to see what I can find.

notai

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2023
it sees none of my airplay devices, receivers, appletv 4k, etc... have tried with Music app and playing movies, no option to stream to anything.

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
it sees none of my airplay devices, receivers, appletv 4k, etc... have tried with Music app and playing movies, no option to stream to anything.

you use the mirror function in settings. it doesnt say stream or airplay.

the problem is this wont work with material with DRM. It will blank it out.

I did find this that might work, havent verified it yet.

You can under Accessibility > Hearing Devices for Bluetooth speaker passthrough only.

Did you try this?

BanditoB

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
Yes, currently the only option I see in the VP is for screen mirroring and that will only bring up Apple TVs or AirPlay 2 compatible televisions. Once you’ve selected screen mirroring, it switches audio to the mirroring device, but gives you the option to select the VP’s built-in speakers.

So, right now, there are no real AirPlay options for the VP. I’ll have to check and see what options are available in the Music app, though. Just thought of that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.