Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaMob

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Hi

I'm aware the iPod/iPhone isn't able to play .avi, but as I have a jailbroken iPod Touch I was wondering if there is any program which allows you to play .avi files?

I'm also aware of a program which allows you to play .avi directly from your pc, but I'm looking for something with which you can put .avi's on your iPod and then play them.

I'm asking this because I'm sick and tired of the converting proces...

Thanks in advance!

DaMob

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Okay it works, downloaded it from Cydia and then with a SFTH client.
But it has to upload the files at the speed of my internet connection, which isn't blistering fast. Converting and then with iTunes would go faster.

Isn't there another way with which you can put the video's on the iPod with the cable?

APtalent

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2010
VLC is horrible.

Use AVplayer. Much more features and 10x more reliable on flawless video playback.

DaMob

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
How come it only goes at 200kb/s second then? Are there any settings I have to change?
I checked the bandwith in the program, but even at 10000 kb/s it doesn't change

DaMob

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
CineXPlayer proves to be the best for me

Thanks all, finally no more converting!

neim81094

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2011
Dude instead of wirelessly transferring use ifunbox you connect your itouch/phone/pad to your computer thn load ifunbox now you could transfer data from your idevice at 20mb/second very convenient all u need is ssh installed on ipod

Sonny bro

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Sonny Bro!; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Movieplayer from cydia should do the trick, can play nearly every movie type.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.