Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spindel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 5, 2020
So pretty much what the title says.

If I listen to music from my AW it doesn't seem to update the play count (or last played date) in my library or even recognize that the song has been played (using cloud library). Listening to music from my iPhone or Mac updates the play count.

Before I had an AM subscription this worked, the library updated with plays from my AW after it had been put in a charger but now it simply does not update the play count no matter what.

This is really a minor annoyance but I do have some play lists that are based both of "last played" and play count.

Anyone else noticed this problem and maybe have a fix (if fixable)?

What I've tried so far is to quit music app in AW and restart.
Checked if I'm logged on to my AppleID (seems to work since I can stream to the watch).
Charging AW having the phone close by.

Markakett

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2022
So pretty much what the title says.

If I listen to music from my AW it doesn't seem to update the play count (or last played date) in my library or even recognize that the song has been played (using cloud library). Listening to music from my iPhone or Mac updates the play count.

Before I had an AM subscription this worked, the library updated with plays from my AW after it had been put in a charger but now it simply does not update the play count no matter what.

This is really a minor annoyance but I do have some play lists that are based both of "last played" and play count.

Anyone else noticed this problem and maybe have a fix (if fixable)?

What I've tried so far is to quit music app in AW and restart.
Checked if I'm logged on to my AppleID (seems to work since I can stream to the watch).
Charging AW having the phone close by.

I’m having the same issue. I have 2 playlists on my AWU series 1. After finishing a run or workout and syncing to my iMac, wifi or USB, nothing updates. The songs remain in the same order and the play count does not change. No issues if I play from the iPhone. This has been going on for a couple of months now. I’ve tried resets, unpairing and resetting the watch. I’ve deleted and remade and reinstalled the playlists. No change. I do not subscribe to Apple Music. Like you my playlists update on play count and last date played. I wish I had a solution to offer but sadly I don’t yet. I’m still trying things..

Spindel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 5, 2020
I’m having the same issue. I have 2 playlists on my AWU series 1. After finishing a run or workout and syncing to my iMac, wifi or USB, nothing updates. The songs remain in the same order and the play count does not change. No issues if I play from the iPhone. This has been going on for a couple of months now. I’ve tried resets, unpairing and resetting the watch. I’ve deleted and remade and reinstalled the playlists. No change. I do not subscribe to Apple Music. Like you my playlists update on play count and last date played. I wish I had a solution to offer but sadly I don’t yet. I’m still trying things..
Yeah seems like a bug in the music app on the watch. I hope it get fixed in a not to distant future.

It's not as big of an issue as the bug a while back that made the music app in the watch drain the battery at least.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.