Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marcus595

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2021
The most annoying issue I'm dealing with is that all of a sudden, clicking on my right airpod now skips back 30 seconds instead of play/pause. It works fine on the left one (this is a problem because I usually only wear my right one. Long story). The other weird thing is that often when I put my airpod in, my phone starts playing music but it's random songs from my itunes. Not the most recent podcast or a song from the playlist I was last listening to. And when I go to my podcast player and hit play, the music continues in the airpods and the podcast plays through the phone's speaker. Finally, and this has been a problem for awhile, when I open my airpod case near my phone to check the battery, the airpod window only pops up about 30% of the time.

I have disconnected the airpods and forgotten them and reconnected and am having this problem in multiple podcast players, itunes and spotify. Any advice is appreciated.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
any chance you have a Mac or other apple device nearby?

it's possible the AirPods are auto connecting to that instead of your phone, The main reason I say this, it should be impossible to play 2 different things on your phone, one going to headphones, one going to the phone's speakers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.