Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 3, 2014
Hello,

I have got an Apple TV+ free trial but I’m unable to watch anything without it abruptly stopping part way through an episode, exiting fullscreen & returning to the Apple TV library. It marks the episode as complete which it isn’t. It is not buffering, my internet connection is solid and other streaming services are working flawlessly.

I am using the Apple TV app on my MacBook but I have also tried through the website using Safari and Firefox but the same issue repeatedly occurs regardless. It plays up to about a minute and then abruptly stops closes fullscreen and returns to the library with the episode marked as complete. No matter how many times I try to resume the episode it plays up to about another minute and then returns to the library.

At this rate my trial will be over before I can watch anything. Does anyone have any ideas what is going on and how to fix this.

Thanks.

Last edited:

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 3, 2014
Also trying to download a tv episode does not help. It downloads about 80% and then just stops. After an extended time of no activity I paused the download and pressed resume and it just reset to 0% rinse and repeat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.