Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chaos Reigns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2012
Recently I upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS 7.1.2 and there I'm having a big issue with playback controls with media.

I'll explain as best I can.

What I do is record videos of random stuff: cars on the road, nature, whatever, and what I used to do is play the video from the camera roll/photos and be able to hit the pause/play button very quickly. This would create a somewhat "stopmotion"-like video. I would do this to find a perfect frame in the video to then screeenshot and use as wallpaper, or throw into photoshop and make something of it.

After upgrading to iOS 7.1.2, when I hit the play button, it automatically goes into full-screen mode which hides the pause button until I tap the screen again and hit pause. This results in a lapse of 2-3 seconds which is a LOT of frames being missed.
The scrubbing option is too sensitive as an alternative.

I have jailbroken my device, so I am wondering is there any tweak or an external video player that will let me use videos in my camera roll and not instantly hide the pause button after I hit play and go into fullscreen mode.
Either one is fine: tweak or external video player.

Thank you.

Chaos Reigns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2012
Found an ok external video player off of Cydia that does the job but poorly. It has a good 1 second lag betwen play and pause.

The best solution would be some kind of app that would just let me go through a video frame by frame.

mattyu007

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2010
Seattle, WA
I'm not sure if this works in iOS 7, but in iOS 8 in the Photos app, if you hold down the video scrubber for a few seconds, the video preview behind the scrubber "zooms in," and you can scrub through the video more slowly.

Chaos Reigns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2012
Yes that happens on iOS 7 but what I meant by in the OP by scrubbing is too sensitive is just this. The zoom in on the video timeline makes it so even a slight rotation of my finger by what seems like less than a milimeter results in a change in frame.

Still looking for a good alternative. Not so happy with VPlayer as a cydia alternative.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.