Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRoni

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2002
At this point in time, i have been waiting for 6+ months for a new revision of the Tibook. Now that I have pretty much exhausted most of my anticipation for its release, I'm just going to sit back and wait for Jan to roll around. For the past month or so, this endless waiting and treading through rumor site after rumor site has gotten a bit tiring. Maybe by having some good 'ole fun the time will fly. Until then, I'm just going to sit back, listen to some Marley, and $ave. :D

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2001
BKLN
I hear that, sir. I'm in the same situation for a PowerMac, the 500 G4 Tower is still chugging along, but I'm gonna save till late spring and get a totally kick ass system with a BIG LCD etc. It's nice to be totally happy with your current system, but still knowing that when you upgrade it will feel like a significant step.

The reason that current Mac sales are slow is because since the introduction of the G4, the new revisions haven't actually added any new features. A G4-350 will do the same stuff as a G4-Dual 1.25, only a helluva lot slower. Don't flame me here, if that speed's what you're used to, then you just manage. I know the 3D apps and DVD encoding will be millions of times faster, and to be honest, if you're doing that kind of stuff on a SERIOUS money making level, you're probably upgrading once every two years anyway, because you have to.

Bring on the death of OS9 booting, firewire 2, Variable processors, bluetooth keyboards and mice, faster DVDRs, and the whole slew of digital devices. Apple will ROCK in 2003!:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.