Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dbirnbaum7

macrumors member
Original poster
May 6, 2019
I have an S8 (no cellular) and typically have my iPhone 11 nearby and stream music using Prime, Pandora, or listen to a local sports talk station using AirPod Pros.

Settings show about 24 GB free space and 20 songs, which I have no idea how they got there.

1. How can I get more songs on the watch itself?

2. Can I steam from a music or radio app without my phone nearby if I’m connected to Wi-Fi? And if so, how?

Thanks.

martens

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2019
You should be able to do it with Pandora or Prime Music. Prime Music might let you download to Watch for offline, Pandora would require subscription I think. TuneIn for radio. Spotify has a free tier that should work independent of iPhone.

I subscribe to Apple Music so haven't tried any of these for awhile. I rarely stream with Watch, as I have it set to download recent playlists and just pick from those when I'm away from iPhone (and usually away from WiFi as well).

You can use the Watch app on your iPhone (General, Storage) to see what has downloaded and from where.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.