Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGobbleoff

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2011
Not sure if anyones going to be interested, but I picked up a used Pixel 3 XL the other day, with the intention of installing GrapheneOS on it. I did it this morning and have been playing around with it. So far I've found

* I use Office365 for mail and contacts etc (a small business) so either I think I just need to suck it up and use the desktop versions when back in the office, or have a play with the web browser versions on the phone itself.
* No WhatsApp, which isn't a big deal, but anyone I converse with might have to go back to SMS?
* I don't have Facetube, but I do use Instagram for work, but I don't see it as being a deal breaker, I could do it off the iPhone that I am not using for the time being).

I'll keep updating this thread as I progress. I've installed FDroid to have a look at apps so will keep having a squizz.

I have a feeling I'll go back to iOS, the apps and integration with Office is something I need (I use Windows and CAD so can't leave the Windows platform, and I use OSX for personal and small movies with FCP for work).

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Unfortunately, even for the larger OSs like Tizen the App environment just isn't good enough. It's just tough right now to convince major developers to develop for more than iOS and Android at this point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.