Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Remote Play has been updated to support Mac and PC (Windows 8 upwards). Has anyone else tried it? I'm impressed with the results! It maxes out at 720p and you can see compression artefacts, but, it works! I had a round of Star Wars Battlefront and managed to play the same - though some distant objects were difficult to see. It's still a few frames behind but no more than playing with post-processing enabled on a TV.

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
IMO, it's smooth, good enough to play, but the graphic really doesn't look that good on a 27" monitor.

I did some remote play via PSV, which has the "native" feeling. You will feel that you are just playing PSV game, no lag, no artefacts, etc. Of course, the PSV resolution is much lower, but that perfectly fit on a small screen.

For big screen streaming, I am not that happy with the performance.

kultschar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2010
Does this use the actual internet or is it poss to use on just a home network

I live in a rural area with limited internet

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Does this use the actual internet or is it poss to use on just a home network

I live in a rural area with limited internet
It's a home network thing but you can connect over the internet. However theres no 'direct' play like the Vita supports. But I've noticed the latency between a wired PS4-router-iMac has around the same latency as a direct PS4-Vita connection.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
In the mean time, iOS 13 supports the Dual Shock 4 and PS4 Pro runs it at 1080p.

I'm having a lot of fun with my iPad Pro paired to a Dual Shock 4 when not home :)

Reactions: sman789
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.