Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Anyone ever spoken to support about a refund for a game you’ve already downloaded ? bought some games last night and one of them i bought the wrong thing. There’s there games under the Dark pictures anthology and they were advertising all three for 30 quid. I looked at it then scrolled down looked at other games. Added immortals fenyx rising and went back and I thought clicked on the three pack. Bought it. Downloaded it. Feel asleep.

looked just now and instead of buying the three games for 30 I bought the first game on its own for 25. The two other games are also £25.

assumed no problem as thought all app stores allowed for you to refund for example steam I think if you’ve played less than two hours of a game you can refund it but it seems Sony only refund if you haven’t downloaded and the automatic refund application won’t let you even query it if you have downloaded.

I see they have support I can call but only on Monday. Anyone done this and got joy ?

Lihp8270

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2016
I’d expect no joy.

I bought Spider-Man on PS5 to get the PS5 updated version.

Realised it was the PS4 version, and you need to buy the PS5 version from the menu on the PS4 disc version I had.

I bought the PS5 upgrade, and Sony refused outright to refund the incorrectly purchased version. I was left out of pocket for that.

So because I’m petty I sold the console, and will not buy another Sony console or game again.

Reactions: madeirabhoy

alexhardaker

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2014
Yeah, Sony’s refund policy is awful. I’ve got the digital version & I’ve started looking at multiple reviews and gameplay videos of games that look interesting to see if I definitely want to make a purchase.

Nintendo have a very similar policy, but I think only recently you could get refunded for preorders thanks to the EU. Once you’ve selected purchase and it’s downloading, you can’t get a refund. I’ve only purchased physical games for my Switch, though.

I suppose it’s sort of the equivalent of buying a physical copy in a store & unwrapping the game, then realising it’s the wrong one. Stores (in the uk at least) won’t let you take it back if the seal is broken, even if you haven’t played the game.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
fair play to Sony. filled in an online support query, which wasnt easy to find, had to google a few times as it wasnt obvious on site. filled it in 645pm last night explaining what happened. Got email at 145pm saying ill be refunded, might take 5 days. looked now, money back in wallet, bought the triple pack like I wanted. very pleased.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Glad you got refunded but still troubling you had to jump through hoops to get it. Should be automated and near instantaneous without involving support like my experience with Google Play Store, Steam, Epic, etc. Good to know though.

BF1M

Suspended
Nov 17, 2018
I’ve had luck with a digital refund just once. Added both PS4 and PS5 versions of FF7 remake to my cart and my card was charged. Wasn’t a big deal but they did refund the PS4 version back in PSN credit. It’s worth asking about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.