Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrsmacaddict

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
Hi! Our lovely new 24 inch iMac with airport card arrived yesterday. My husband set it up last night and the Safari was working with our D-link wireless airport/router, just by connecting to the default airport and typing in his password. Today, it is not. I know the airport/router is sending a signal because his mac laptop is accessing the internet still.

The iMac is showing a signal, but not accessing Safari. We tried typing in the IP address for Google and can't access that either.

He's been at this for several hours and is getting highly frustrated.

Any suggestions of what we can do to get this thing working. Thanks in advance!!!

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2006
Hi! Our lovely new 24 inch iMac with airport card arrived yesterday. My husband set it up last night and the Safari was working with our D-link wireless airport/router, just by connecting to the default airport and typing in his password. Today, it is not. I know the airport/router is sending a signal because his mac laptop is accessing the internet still.

The iMac is showing a signal, but not accessing Safari. We tried typing in the IP address for Google and can't access that either.

He's been at this for several hours and is getting highly frustrated.

Any suggestions of what we can do to get this thing working. Thanks in advance!!!

Is a 2.4 GhZ phone system near your iMac? If so, this could interfere with your AirPort signal.

Also, try dragging com.apple.safari.plist to the trash and restarting your iMac. I know with my iMac, I used to lose my wireless signal a lot when I answered our phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.