Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

usagora

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 17, 2017
Ran into this strange issue trying to edit one of my posts just now. I clicked "Edit" on my post (a reply to a thread, not an OP), dragged and dropped an image into it (done this a million times before), added a couple emojis, and then when I click "Save" I get this:

Screenshot 2022-10-28 at 5.42.46 PM.png

The heck? Why am I getting this error and what does it even mean?

usagora

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 17, 2017
Just got another weird error message when editing another post. Went to save the edit and it popped up "Please enter a valid message". Huh? However, when I dismissed the message and clicked Save again, it posted the edit.

So I'm guessing the forum is experiencing some bugs.

sman789

Customer Support
Staff member
Dec 25, 2007
Richmond, VA
I've searched on XenForo's support forums and it seems to be something weird with attachments. The latest documentation of it is from 2018.

Let me know if you can recreate the error.

usagora

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 17, 2017
It seems so, I haven't seen this before. Has it happened again since Saturday?

I've searched on XenForo's support forums and it seems to be something weird with attachments. The latest documentation of it is from 2018.

Let me know if you can recreate the error.

Hasn't happened again since my last post. And I can't remember if the second time I had an error if there was an attachment or not, but there was for sure the first time. I'll let you know if it happens again.

Reactions: sman789

mystery hill

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2021
Ran into this strange issue trying to edit one of my posts just now. I clicked "Edit" on my post (a reply to a thread, not an OP), dragged and dropped an image into it (done this a million times before), added a couple emojis, and then when I click "Save" I get this:

View attachment 2104188

The heck? Why am I getting this error and what does it even mean?

I just received this error when trying to edit a post and add an attachment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.