Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cheese9man

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2021
Hello everyone. I hope you're having a great day! I never had an apple watch before so I decided to get a used series 5 that is in good condition (but haven't bought it yet). It's the same price a brand new SE but I decided that I like always on display and the ECG so I decided to go for a used one with a possible sacrifice of battery life. I'm gonna fully inspect the watch on the day that I'll get it from the seller. Any tips on what to look out for when buying used? The seller said that the battery is still 97%. Is that still good? Thank you and cheers!

Manda

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
Reading, UK
I just bought second hand series 5 stainless steel 40mm and turned out had warranty till January 2022. 99 per cent battery too.

Last edited:
Reactions: perezr10

JLOAKS

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2016
Any tips on what to look out for when buying used? The seller said that the battery is still 97%. Is that still good?

Battery health & if AppleCare is still active on the watch. 97% is excellent for a series 5 watch. Recently purchased a series 5 used that also had AppleCare active until late 2022 (this wasn't listed by the seller, just a happy discovery).

fadhilfirdausi

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2020
Darmstadt, Germany
Hi, I also bought a used apple watch series 5, and it‘s also my first apple watch. When I bought it (15 June) it has 90% battery health, but now (2 August) the battery health has dropped into 86%, is it normal? I charged it usually overnight, is that the reason why the battery health drop this quick?

cheese9man

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2021
Hey everyone. Just a quick update here. Saw a used series 6 in mint condition with still a 100% battery life. The price difference between a used series 5 from the series 6 was just $50. I'm now a proud of a space grey 44mm series 6. Thank you all for the great advice and have a great day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.