Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KooL BeAnZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
I don’t need to have the solid home bar at the bottom all the time!

Whether in Safari or Apps - it just doesn’t need to be this solid stick at the bottom all the time!

Please give us and option to “hide” it within settings.

It ruins the full screen experience.

Edd70

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2018
Are you using iPhone or iPad? Also, are you talking about the app icons on the bottom of the home screen? I don’t see that issue on my devices after updating to iOS 12.

Perhaps you could provide a screenshot of the issue?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I don’t need to have the solid home bar at the bottom all the time!

Whether in Safari or Apps - it just doesn’t need to be this solid stick at the bottom all the time!

Please give us and option to “hide” it within settings.

It ruins the full screen experience.
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-x-remove-home-bar.2085868/

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/plz-apple-let-us-hide-the-iphone-x-annoying-home-bar.2085895/

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/is-the-“home-bar”-on-iphone-x-necessary.2126111/

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2009
I don't have an iPhone X, but if you are talking about what I think you are talking about. Just change your home screen background to grey and VOLLA, it's gone. :)

Reactions: davidg4781

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
Been a common complaint since last years x launch. You’re not alone, unfortunately all complaints about the ui falls on deaf ears.

That and lack of OLED advantages. Trust me, all of us have been putting in feedback requests about all of this. Not a single thing has changed.

Reactions: iOSJake

KooL BeAnZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
I don't have an iPhone X, but if you are talking about what I think you are talking about. Just change your home screen background to grey and VOLLA, it's gone. :)

Doesn’t help in all the apps.
[doublepost=1537656051][/doublepost]
Lol. He’s not talking about the notch. It’s about the ugly thing under the keyboard.

I have the 6s Plus gonna buy the Max soon. I think this will really annoy me.

Exactly

Mr.Blacky

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016
It's a small, short, tiny, little bar on the very bottom of the screen. And it doesn't even show when you look at a picture or video in fullscreen. You should really stop nitpicking about every little fart and start enjoying your device more.;)

Reactions: russell_314

KooL BeAnZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
It's a small, short, tiny, little bar on the very bottom of the screen. And it doesn't even show when you look at a picture or video in fullscreen. You should really stop nitpicking about every little fart and start enjoying your device more.;)

It doesn’t need to be there on every single app though.

A simple option to hide it via settings and problem solved.

And providing feedback is not nitpicking.

I have so many issues of the bar not disappearing - especially within certain apps that display video.

Even the YouTube app - the bar doesn’t disappear and it’s annoying.

Brownpapi

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2019
Apple feedback is located here: Product Feedback
Macrumors can't change that for you.
YES. THAT FRIGGING BAR IS ANNOYING. WE KNOW WHERE TO SWIPE FOR HOME BUTTON ACTION. PLACE OPTIONS IN GENERAL SETTINGS SO PEOPLE CAN REMOVE. EVEN ON NEW 12.2 it’s present still. Can’t watch screen mirror without it disturbing my view on tv. REMOVE THAT BAR !

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
requested on the feedback page, AND in the beta feedback app.SO obvious (i also keep asking for the option to make the dock invisible, sigh....)

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere

i have an app i use that's about the visual, and the line is there; if i send the image to my tv monitor... it's there. and it doesn't need to be...

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I've stopped paying attention to it, but I feel like sometimes it fades away and disappears when you launch an app.... and other times its prevalent. That has to be a glitch. They've given people 2 software iterations to get used to the swipe gestures, i think ios 13 its time to get rid of it.

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
I’ve advocated for this since day one of it. I’m sure it’ll happen eventually

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.