Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JWGold

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2017
United States
I have a first generation IPad Pro 10.5” which I purchased new from Apple with a Smart Keyboard. Starting a few months ago, I got “device not supported” errors with my keyboard, and I would have to disconnect and reconnect the keyboard or clean the contacts. Most recently, the keyboard quit working altogether no matter what I did. I researched the issue online and found a lot of articles indicating many people had the same issue and that Apple had extended their warranty coverage on Smart Keyboards to three years. I mentioned this to the support tech and he claimed no knowledge and asked for a link to an actual Apple Bulletin. All I could find were numerous third party articles that Apple had extended the warranty, but couldn’t find an official Apple bulletin. Anyone have this issue? Anyone know where I can find such a bulletin?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
The Apple Repair Programs are listed here: https://support.apple.com/service-programs

Although I see some of the related articles you might be referring to (such as this Apple Discussion, https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250989133), like you I can't see any specific links to the Apple repair program for that issue. I wonder if the program ended. Most of those articles were published in May 2017 citing three years, so it's possible the program ended last spring.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
After chatting with an Apple CS Rep here's the deal, that program ended stopped in 2019 which is why your person couldn't find it. It was for the first generation Pros, your 10.5 is the second generation, so it doesn't apply to yours.

Still I messaged you my repair ID in case you want to try push for some sympathy from Apple.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.